Cabbage-onion medhuvada

Cabbage-onion medhuvada:



Medhuvadas are the best delicacy enjoyed by major populations as a snack or a breakfast. This is indeed a mandatory breakfast receipe in south houses and restaurants. But here I have twisted the original medhuwada receipe by adding cabbage and onions to make it an snacky gulp- a twisted recipe enjoyed at breakfast to evening supper.

Do u know, these vadas consume maximum amount of oil and so are not weight reducing friend. It contains lot of fat , so models and weight concerns stay away from it.

Coming to my dish, I have innovated the medhuvada by adding onions and cabbage to give it an enhancing flavour.

Ingredients:
250gms udid dal
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped cabbage
2 tsp ginger chopped
2 tsp green chillies chopped
1 cup coriander leaves
Salt, sugar and baking soda as reqd.

Method:
 Wash and soak udid dal for 3 hrs. Then grind and add all the chopped vegetables and a pinch of baking soda and ferment it for 3 hrs. Then add salt and 2 tsp sugar for taste. Mix and remove vadas by deep frying I kadai applying water to your hands each time you remove small mixture.
I have uploaded step by step pic of my receipe:


Serve with green chutney.


Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.
If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.
Thank you


Comments

Popular Posts