Oats chikki

Oats chikki:



Chikki is a famous snack or a favorite bite of every child and adults too. I remember my childhood days where we used to just gulp down loads of chikkis and then get sick with our user stomach the next day.

Normally the chikkis what we get in market are the typical groundnut ones which are very good to relish but unhealthy if eaten in bunches. So I thought of preparing a healthy chikki using oats and dry fruits to enhance the taste of your chikki.

Oats are a healthy for kids food grain with loads of fibre important for an healthy gut and also which reduces cholesterol , blood pressure and also very beneficial to diabetic and heart patients.

Here is a simple receipe yet very nutritious (but not for the diabetic patients)

Ingredients:
1 cup roasted oats on pan.
1 cup dry fruits ( cashew nuts, pista, badam)
2 cups jaggery
2 spoons sugar
1 spoon pure ghee.

Method
1. In a pan add pure ghee,when hot add jaggery and stir till it melts. Mix nicely, add sugar, mix and off the gas.
2. Add rest of the ingredients. Mix nicely.
3. Take a plate and apply ghee and pour this mixture onto it and press with a masher.
4. Cut into desired shapes.
5.  Keep in refrigerator for 1 hr.
6. Another always is keep in refrigerator first and then cut into desired shapes. It becomes very hard later.

I given step by step pictures of my receipe:





Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.
If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.
Thank you



Comments

Popular Posts