Vegetable kurma

Vegetable kurma- a goan style vegetable preparation:



Kurma means a vegetable preparation containing a blend of mix vegetables. All vegetarians love this dish to relish with parotas or naan or puris. Kurma is prepared in different ways in different states all across India. In my recipe i have used coconut and basic goan masalas to prepare this unique kurma which am sure each one of you would surely love.

Going to my personal view, I myself never had an liking for kurma dish. I never ordered this dish for myself even from the best restaurants. However my husband loves the same very much. So one day unwillingly tried just a spoon full of kurma from my husband's plate on his insisting behavior for me to just taste it, and to my surprise I loved this dish from that minute itself. So thought in my mind that I would surely try this restaurant style dish in my kitchen. I galloped more of the dish, did my own research, some readings and finally tried the same. I never expected it to turn out so well that I got lot of appreciation from my husband in such a manner that I was credited to have made his day!!😁😁

Voila!!! I am so happy and so would like to share my style recipe with you so that you can make your families day special.

Ingredients:
Beans-1 cup
Carrots-1/2 cup
Potatoes-1 cup
Cauliflower-1/2 cup
Green peas-1/2 cup
Tomatoes-1 medium
Scraped coconut-1 cup
Onions-2 medium
Ginger-1 inch
Garlic-4-5 pods
Kashmiri red chillies-2
Red chilli powder-2 tsp
Haldi-1 tsp
Cinnamon-1 stick
Peppercorn-4-5
Cloves-4-5
Nutmeg-a small piece
Star anise-2 petals
Pure ghee-2 spoons
Sugar-1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Curd-2 tsp
Milk-1/2 cup
Butter-2 spoons
Coriander leaves-1 cup
Water as required

Method:
In cooking vessel add butter, all vegetables. Stir fry for 2 mins and add hot water. Let the vegetables cook.

In mixer grind scraped coconut, cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves, nutmeg, star anise, red chilli powder, haldi , onions, ginger, garlic, kashmiri red chillies with required water to form a paste.

In a pan add pure ghee and add above paste and saute nicely till raw smell of onion goes away and you get a nice aroma.

 Off the flame and add this paste in your cooking vessel after the vegetables get nicely cooked. Add salt, sugar and water to adjust the consistency of your gravy. Let it nicely boil.

Then add curd, milk on top and stir well. Let it cook. At last add again remaining pure ghee and coriander leaves,stir and off the gas.

Serve with parotas/naan or puris.





Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.
If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.
Thank you




Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog post. Your comments hold lot of value to my blog.
If you have any other queries, feel free to ask and they shall be
answered as earliest as possible.

Popular Posts