Vodyancho ros

Vodyancho ros-ashguord chips goan veg curry:



Vodiyo means the dried ashguord chips usually made in some goan homes from the vegyable-'ashguord'.

Ashguord is grated and mixed with certain ingredients in a measured quantity and small small chips/vodiyo are made by taking small portions of this ashguord mixture and dried in sun. I have seen my grand mom and one of my friends mom preparing these vodyos. This chips are dried continuously in sun for 4-5 days till dry and then stored in air-tight container which are used in traditional goan cooking of veg curry without onion and garlic and also some chips are fried and taste yum along with the goan main course menu.

Now a days we get readymade packets of these chips in goan markets. Some of women's staying in the villages/ rather rural areas of Goa often prepare these vodiyos and sell them nicely packed in the goan markets to earn their livelihood. So for the urban population its readily available to use on as an where basis. I myself also use these readily available vodiyos for my preparations.

Today I am going to give you the preparation of authentic original goan veg curry passed on from our ancestral generations made out of this ashguord chips which I myself have learnt from my mom, my grand mom and my mother in law.

Ingredients
Vodiyo-10-12
Scraped coconut-1 cup
Red chilli powder-2 tsp
Haldi powder-1 tsp
Asafotedia-2 small pieces
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Tamarind paste-1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Jaggery-2 tsp
Coconut oil-1-2 tsp
Water as required

Method:
In a mixer grind coconut, red chilli powder, haldi powder, tamarind paste with required water to form a paste .

In a cooking vessel, add coconut oil and add all vodiyos and roast nicely till aroma and keep aside.

Then in same vessel add asafotedia, mustard seeds and mixer grinded paste. Add jaggery and salt and required water to adjust the consistency and give a boil. Add fried vodiyo on top and let them cook for a while and turn off the flame.

Serve with rice.

Note:
You can use normal vegetable oil if coconut oil is not available. But coconut oil give more awesome taste to this authentic goan original veg curry.



Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.
If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.
Thank you


Comments

Popular Posts