Kalakand

Kalakand- a sweet milkcake:



Kalakand is an authentic sweet delicacy which is also called as milkcake. Its very delicious in taste and is mainly relished during festive occasions like diwali, dusherra, holi etc etc..

I always loved the taste of kalakand which my father used to get from a typical sweet shop during festivals. However I never knew till now that it can be prepared so easily at home with just 3 main ingredients. Yes!! Just 3 main ingredients. Isn't it interesting? I have learnt this recipe from YouTube and thought to actually give it a try!!

So let me give you the simple steps to a delicious milkcake- kalakand

Ingredients:
Mashed Paneer-1 cup
Milkmaid-1 cup
Milk powder-2 tsp
Elaichi powder-2 tsp
Pistachios-10
Ghee greased square container

Method:

Cut pistachios into fine pieces.

In a bowl mix mashed paneer, milkmaid and mix nicely with your hand, so that there are no lumps and paneer is evenly mashed and mixed.

Then add milk powder and mix further.

Then pour this mixture on a pan and heat and stir continuously till mixture leaves sides of the pan.

Then add elaichi powder and give a stir.

Switch off the gas and pour the mixture into a greased square container and spread pistachios on top and press nicely with your fingers.

Let it cool for 1 hr.

Then your kalakand will be hard and ready to eat.

Cut into required pieces and serve. You can store them in refrigerator and have as and when you wish. Isn't it great to prepare this sweet delicacy so easily at home? So why not try? Please try out friends!! Today I prepared this sweet in small quantity but have planned to make in larger quantity at upcoming festive season!!






Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.
If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.
Thank you

Comments

Popular Posts