Kelphulachi wadi

Kelphulachi wadi ( banana flower steamed and fried wadi):


Banana flower or the kelphul is the most tastiest flower to be eaten. As seen from my earlier post, I have mentioned the preparation of its dry vegetable which is traditional dish, however here I have tried a new recipe of my own to prepare wadis out of this banana flower.

In this respect, the cleaning of banana flower and chopping it and  keeping it in water overnight remains the same as explained in my earlier post. Only the preparation of wadis differ a lot. These wadis also turn out very nice, you can try out and see.

Wadis are actually coming from Maharastrian cuisine wherein they prepare several kinds of wadis right from kothimbir wadi ( coriander wadi), palak wadi ( spinach wadi), cabbage wadi etc. So today I tried my hands on preparing banana flower wadis.

So let's look at its preparation.

Ingredients:
Chopped banana flower soaked overnight-1 or 2
Chopped onions-2
Chopped green chillies-3-4
Red chilli powder-2 tsp
Haldi powder-1 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
Besan-1/2 cup
Rice flour-1 cup
Rawa-1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Sugar-2-4 tsp
Oil for frying
Water as required

Method:
In a bowl mix all of the above mentioned ingredients with required water and mix nicely to form a thick mixture.

Grease a plate with oil and spread above mixture evenly and steam in a steamer for 15-20 minutes.

Cool and then cut into desired shapes and shallow fry on tawa till crisp on both sides.


Serve with rice and any curry.


Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.
If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.
Thank you


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog post. Your comments hold lot of value to my blog.
If you have any other queries, feel free to ask and they shall be
answered as earliest as possible.

Popular Posts