Chocolate Biscuit cake

Chocolate Biscuit cake ( a non oven cake baked in cooker):





Cakes form a wonderful dessert. Apart from birthday/ anniversary celebrations, its nice fun to bake a cake for children during the big bash celebration of a New Year. Yes, this cake trial recipe is to mark the celebration of Happy New Year 2019!! The way the cake is sweet, I hope every reader of my blog receive full sweetness in their new year. I had planned to publish my recipe just close to midnight to welcome the New year 2019 and here it is. Enjoy dear friends!!

I always wanted to bake a cake, however have not yet bought a microwave. And now there is a spreading news saying microwave is cancerous. The food cooked in microwave cause to go under various radiations which leads to cancerous cells in our body. What is true and what is a rumour, its each ones wish to believe or not.

So I thought let's try to bake a cake in a cooker. There are various videos on you tube which I went through, baking a cake in cooker or a kadai. So combining ideas from various videos, and using some of my instincts, I tried to bake my first cake for this new year 2019. I used a mixture of different biscuits and baked my child's favourite chocolate flavour biscuit cake. It really came out very well and the yummy frosting of whipped cream and chocolate ganache has made it more delicious.

You want to try, just see the recipe!!

Ingredients:
Good day chocochip biscuits-10
Sunfeast butter cookies biscuits-10
Oreo chocolate flavour biscuits-10
Instant coffee powder-1 tsp
Hot water-2 tsp
Milk-1 cup
Sugar-4 tablespoons
Baking powder-2 tsp
Oil-2 tsp
Butter paper-1
Oil for greasing
Salt for baking

For frosting:
Chocolate ganache-1 cup dark chocolate, 1/2 cup fresh cream
Whipping powder-20 g, cool milk-1/2 cup
Tutifuti for garnishing.

Method:
Place salt in cooker and keep a stand and heat it for 10 mins.
Grease your cake tin with oil, place a butter paper and grease butter paper again with oil.
Put instant coffee powder in a small bowl, add hot water and keep aside.
In a mixer, break all biscuits into pieces and grind to fine powder. Then add sugar and baking powder and grind again. Then add milk little by little and grind again till you get the required consistency. Not too watery, not too thick. If incase its too thick, add more milk. In case too thin, then add more biscuits.

Then add oil and mix well. Pour the mixture in baking tin and place the tin with help of tongs in hot cooker. Remove ring and whistle of cooker and bake the cake for 30 minutes on medium flame.


Meanwhile prepare the frosting:
Chocolate ganache- heat the fresh cream till it boils and pour on dark chocolate pieces. Cover for 30 secs and then mix slowly. All your chocolate pieces will melt and get nicely mixed with cream. Cool outside for 20 minutes, then in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put this chocolate ganache in a piping bag.


Whipped cream:
Cool a container in freezer for 10 minutes. Then put whipping powder and cool milk and whip it with a hand whisk for exactly 7 minutes. Then put in freezer for 30 minutes.

Now come back to your cake:
Check your cake by putting a toothpick or a knife in middle of your cake and remove out. when the toothpick comes clean, your cake is done. Baking time may increase or decrease depending upon your cooker, the temperature created in it. So more or less 10 minutes time may differ here and there.

Once its done, remove and cool completely outside.

Then turn upside down and remove the butter paper too. Your yummy chocolate biscuit cake is ready.

Now let's do the frosting. Till your cake takes time for cooling,your frosting will also get set. No worries, you can do the frosting any time you wish too. I have done a simple frosting this time as its my first cake. Next time I will try a decorative frosting.

Remove your whipped cream from freezer, it will turn very nice creamy texture. If you have a electric beater, you can beat it to more fluffy cream. Apply whipped cream on top of your cake and then decorate it with chocolate ganache lines or any kind of swirlings as you wish and top with tutifuti.

My first successful cake ready! Its eggless and quick.
I had baked my batter in 2 containers as I used a small cooker, so I got 2 cakes. The second one I cooled and kept in refrigerator to eat for next day. Next day did a different decoration as shown in my pictures below. First I applied whipped cream all over my cake.


Then I mixed orange food color in my whipped cream, whipped it again and kept in freezer for 30 minutes. It turned out very thick. Then I put it in piping bag and decorated my cake as below.







My child and his cousins were both then just happy to have a feast on these cakes. I am too happy and satisfied to see satisfaction and happiness on the children's face. Next time will try to bake a egg based cake and decorate with beautiful frostings!!

Till then try and enjoy this recipe for your new year 2019 and make your children happy and enjoy my cake collage pictures below!!


Happy new year 2019!!
Enjoy cooking and baking!!



Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.
If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.


Comments

Popular Posts