Instant Dhokla

Instant dhokla made with Bedekar Instant Dhokla mix:



Hello everyone,
All must be reading my blog for different recipes which I prepare with my own instincts and also which are carried on from my ancestors. Some learnt by me from net, few taught to me by my mother, mother in law etc. All recipes and the dish prepared out of it holds value, however, sometimes cooking becomes very tiresome and you need a break. At some point of time, you don't really have enough time and energy to cook and that time some instant cooking mixtures come to your rescue.


Instant cooking mixtures are now a days readily available in the markets. Few yield a very good product however few mixtures really fail to give you a dish up to your expectations. I am fond of cooking my dishes my own way. But I also love to try some instant packs. Instant packs are not so bad, they really save your time, energy and relaxes your mind which would otherwise get indulged in thinking about the recipe. I try many instant cooking mixtures, sometimes even add some of my instincts to the instant packs which gives a different taste to your final dish. So from today i have included some instant pack cooking into my blog, which really yield a beautiful dish and to make you aware of the awesome instant packs available in the market to make your cooking simple and time saving.

Today am going to show you the preparation of instant dhokla using Bedekar instant dhokla mixture. Dhokla is one of the famous Gujarati dish, very popular and is now a days readily available on small cooking stalls. Though it could be unhealthy to consume readymade prepared dhokla, its wise enough to try them at home using instant mixture. Its very important to follow the instructions given on the readypack and prepare your dish as per the recipe mentioned. Here the dhokla preparation is very simple and I shall show it to you step by step.


Ingredients:
Bedekar instant dhokla mix
Water-200ml equivalent to 1glass
Steamer to steam the dhokla
Oil for greasing the container
Hand whipper

For tempering dhokla:
Oil-1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Karipatta leaf-2
Water-2 tsp

Coriander and scraped coconut as a topping on dhokla.

Method:
Read the instructions properly. Take the instant mixture in a container and add water to it slowly and mix very slowly everything with the help of the hand whipper. Here the whipping technique is very important. You will notice air bubbles start forming inside your mixture once you start mixing eveything. If you do not have a hand whipper then, you can use a spoon. Whip slowly till mixture is well mixed with water and you get a smooth batter. Here you need to take care while stirring the mixture, if you stir too fast, then you will end up in a hard dhokla. Stirring fast removes out all the air from your mixture which then does not rise up well and you get a hard non spongy result. So stir slowly.






Heat a steamer simultaenously. Grease a container with oil in which you will steam your dhokla. Pour the above mixture and steam it on a steamer for 15 minutes.







Then remove from the steamer and let it cool completely outside.



Make a tempering using ingredients mentioned above and pour over your dhokla. Top it with coriander leaves and scraped coconut.




Cut it into desired shapes and serve with fried green chilli.


For fried green chilli, please refer below recipe

Take required amount of green chillies and marinate them with salt and keep aside for 10 minutes. Then deep fry them in required oil. Then again pour a pinch of salt on them and mix well. Your fried green chillies are ready.





I had also made my dhokla using the idli stands which gave a shape of idli to my dhokla, pictures of same are given below.





This dhokla really becomes very spongy, fluffy and very tasty. You can just get the instant pack and make your dhokla easily in 15-20 minutes. I have prepared this instant pack dhokla for last 7 yrs and till date am satisfied with its results. So friends , try out and enjoy time saving instant cooking!!



Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.
If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.

Comments

Popular Posts