Green Peas Cooker Biryani

Green Peas Cooker Biryani ( A quick easy cooker biryani):


Coming from the versions of vegetable biryani, peas biryani also turns out to be the most easy, tasty and can be quickly made in cooker while saving your early morning time when you are in a hurry to prepare tiffin box.


I have used frozen green peas in my recipe, you can use the fresh peas if available with you.

Let me quickly take you to my recipe.

Ingredients and method:

Wash 2 cups of basmati rice thoroughly with water twice and then soak it in water and keep aside for 10 minutes. Then drain the rice on a sieve.

Take a bowl of frozen peas and pour little water in it and keep aside.

Heat the cooker, add 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 long slitted onions. Fry till golden brown like you do for biryani and remove and keep aside. 

In same cooker again add 2 tablespoons of oil, and then add the spices like 3-4 cloves, 1 cinnamon, 1 javitri, 1 bay leaf. Saute well. Add 1 medium chopped onion. Saute. Then add 1 medium chopped tomato. Then add frozen peas from water. Saute well. Add 1 tablespoon of biryani masala, salt. Mix well. Add drained basmati rice. Saute for a while. Add haldi powder-1 tsp, red chilli powder-2 tsp. Mix well. Add 3 cups water. Add joice of 1 lemon. Let it boil. Then close the lid of cooker and pressure cook for just 2 whistles. 

After 10 minutes, after pressure is released, open the lid of cooker and mix the golden fried onions in the rice and mix the rice well with spoon for a minute. Keep it slightly open for another 10 minutes. 

You are done.


Serve hot or pack in your lunch box.

I served my biryani with masala omlette. A slight twisttof veg with non veg. You can serve with raita or just plain. 


Masalaomlette recipe I shall give you later. 


Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period


Comments

Popular Posts