Masala omlette/eggs

 Masala omlette/ eggs (my own innovation):

Omlette is one of the easiest made recipe made out of eggs. I feel this is the first preparation we learn to make when we step into the kitchen for the first time. 

The basic omlette we learn to prepare is just break your egg and add salt, turn and done. Next comes addition of onions, green chillies into the egg mixture and just pour on hot pan or tawa. This is the common procedure done in every household and being favorite among children to adults. It serves the best breakfast option with bread. Also the best option when fish isn't available.


My son loves omlettes a lot. By eating the plain salted omlette most of the time, I thought of doing some variation to it and to my surprise he loved my innovation of masala omlette. Today am going to show you the preparation of masala omlette and masala eggs. 

Masala omlette is a very quick and simple preparation and innovated out from the recipe of masala papad. Sounds funny, isn't it? But yes, I thought of putting the ingredients of masala papad to make masala omlette and some of my own masala combinations.


Let me quickly take you to the recipe, it's very simple.

Ingredients and method:

I have given you picture below of the ingredients required. A pinch of given masalas shown.


Actually omlettes are prepared 2 ways:- 

1) Directly break egg and pour the mixture on hot pan. Here you can opt for half fry too.

2) Break the egg and put mixture in bowl. Add a pinch of salt and mix very well. This method makes your omlette fluffy and spongy.

I love step 1 method, but I shall show you here masala omlettes prepared by both methods.

Method 1:

Break a egg into a bowl. Add salt and mix well.

Heat a pan, add a tsp of oil, add above egg mixture. Add a pinch of each masalas on top. Add coriander leaves. 


Then turn and repeat adding pinch of each masalas and coriander leaves.


You are done.

Method 2:

Break the egg and pour mixture directly on hot oil on pan. Add pinch of each masalas and a pinch of salt here.


Turn, repeat the same and you are done.


I have removed both omlettes on a plate.


Serving:

Serve hot with chopped onions and coriander leaves on top. You can add a pinch of chat masala on top if you love to.


You can have these masala omlettes with bread for breakfast or could be the best option with rice for children. 

Masala eggs:

The above method can be tried for boiled eggs too, first boil your eggs, cut them into halves and then heat a pan, add a tsp of oil, add similar masala powders as above and roast the boiled eggs on both sides as shown below




Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.
If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.

Comments

  1. Wow, my favorite choice of breakfast too, nice recipe with great options.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog post. Your comments hold lot of value to my blog.
If you have any other queries, feel free to ask and they shall be
answered as earliest as possible.

Popular Posts