Mango sheera

Mango sheera ( Amyacho shiro):



Sheera/shiro is one of the common sweet delicacy prepared in every homes during good occasions and religious rituals.

My first post on my blog was kesari sheera which I learnt from my mother in law, who is the best sheera maker. I never loved sheera until I got married and had my mother in law sheera, the real yummy sheera with loads of ghee. Next I tried to prepare pineapple sheera and today my hands ran to try on mango sheera. 


May- June is a month of mangoes which come in abundance in markets and which are affordable to each ones pockets. Then comes a variety of dishes tried with mangoes. We Goans first love to relish mangoes as it is..just cut and have!! Yum, that's the real richness and satisfaction of eating the first seasonal mango. 

Mangoes come in different types- Mankurad, Alfonso, Hapus, Mushrad etc of which Mankurad mangoes are the king's. Mushrad mangoes go for making halwa/jam which is one of the most common preparation since ancestral times. My mother in law prepared lots and lots of Mushrad mango halwa at her good age. I have not yet tried my hands on same, but will soon try some day. 


Now coming to my today's breakfast menu- mango sheera, I sometimes use Alphonso mango pulp or mankurad pulp. Mankurad mango pulp gives a different taste. You can use Alphonso mango pulp if you do not have Mankurad mango. Both these mangoes have unique flavour and it's aroma just revolves around in your kitchen.

So let's go the recipe of mango sheera.


Ingredients:

1 cup rawa

1 cup mango pulp (1 Mankurad/Alphonso mango medium sized)

1 cup water

1 cup milk

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup ghee

Cardamom -2 pinches

Cloves-2

Salt a pinch. 

Method:

Heat a vessel. Keep flame to medium.

Dry roast rawa for 5 mins. Then add half the amount of ghee. Roast for another 3 mins till aromatic.  

Add salt, cloves.

Add hot water, stir well  and close with a lid for a minute. Keep the flame to low.

Then add hot milk, stir well and close with a lid for another 2 minutes. Let the rawa nicely cook. You will notice your rawa nicely puffs up and quantity increases.

Add sugar, mix and cover.

Add 1 tsp of ghee more, stir.

Add mango pulp and cardamom powder.

Stir and cover. Let the rawa, pulp nicely cook. 

Add more ghee all over and on inner sides of your vessel, off the flame.


Cover and keep aside for 10 mins.

You are ready to serve now.





Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.




Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog post. Your comments hold lot of value to my blog.
If you have any other queries, feel free to ask and they shall be
answered as earliest as possible.

Popular Posts