Prawns pulao with kasoorimethi

Prawns pulao with kasoorimethi :


Prawns pulao is one of the easiest pulao made with prawns and a few spices of your choice. There are various methods of making prawns pulao. You can prepare by mixing all spices, few masalas, cleaned prawns, rice, boil. This is a simplest pulao. You can either cook rice along with prawns or make prawns masala first and cook rice seperate and then mix both. This version of pulao I have already shared in my blog earlier.


If you go to prepare prawns biryani, it has to go through some different steps. And when you say biryani, it has to have marination, fried onions, pudina leaves, saffron milk etc to deliver the exact flavour. It's a long procedure and more work involved. 

Today I wanted to prepare a prawns pulao which has biryani taste, but I didn't want to follow the elongated steps of biryani but a simple procedure of cooking prawns along with rice. So I decided to incorporate biryani masala into my pulao. I didn't have pudina leaves with me so I thought of adding kasoorimethi to it for an additional different flavour.


It cannot be called as biryani since I have skipped many steps actually involved in an authentic biryani. So I call the dish as prawns pulao with kasoorimethi. Actually I never heard anyone adding kasoorimethi in pulao, so it's my new innovative pulao😜

It's a quick pulao, with very easy steps, no much hardwork and yet delicious, you can try.


So let's go to my recipe. 

Ingredients and method.

Wash and soak 1kg basmati rice in water for 1 hr.

Heat a big vessel, add 4 tbsp of oil, add spices (2 bay leaves, 4 cloves, 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 masala elaichi, 2 cardamoms, 2 star anise).

Add freshly crushed 5 garlic cloves and a inch piece of ginger.

Add 3 medium sized finely chopped onions. Saute well. Add 3 green chillies long slitted.

Add 2 tomatoes finely chopped.

Add cleaned prawns (10-15).

Add spices-1 tsp each of haldi, red chilli powder, coriander powder, biryani masala, garam masala. Add few chopped coriander leaves and a tsp of crushed kasoorimethi. 

Saute well. Add 2 tsp ghee. 

Drain the soaked rice on a sieve and add. Saute well.

Add double the amount of water as of rice. You have to measure your rice in cups. Like mine 1 kg rice equals to 8 cups. So I have added 16 cups water. 

Add salt as required. Add more 2 tsp ghee.

Add a few strings of coriander leaves and 1 tsp of kasoorimethi again (measure in your fingers). Add again another tsp of biryani masala and garam masala.

Mix everything well and allow to cook on high flame. Once it starts boiling reduce flame to medium and cover and cook for 7-8 mins.

Open and see. When you see water has dried up, off the flame and keep covered for 10 mins.


After 10 mins, with help of spoon or fork, separate the rice grains. Add again some more of coriander leaves, kasoorimethi crushed and ghee all over little by little in drops and mix slowly well and you are done.


Cover and wait for another 10 mins and serve hot!!


You will notice a ultimately different flavour incorporated in your pulao due to kasoorimethi and am sure you will love the same.


Always remember for prawns pulao, the main ingredients of flavour are ghee, coriander leaves and good amount of prawns. 

Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.


Comments

Popular Posts