Matki cheese pockets

Matki cheese pockets: 


Hello everyone, today I thought of posting a snack recipe which would be healthy as well as tasty for your growing children. 

Matki or mothbean is a protein rich which has lot of nutrition and is very good for health of children and adults. Mothbeans are used in the preparation of misal (kolhauri cuisine), usli ( Goan and Maharashtra cuisine), salads etc. But most of the fussy children avoid eating it's preparations, so this is a best way you can make it's entry into their gut.


So here in my recipe I have first prepared dry usli of matki and then incorporated them in pockets with addition of cheese. 

Basically pockets are my son's favorite snack item ever since I have started preparing for his tiffin box. I prepare pockets using various feelings made from potato, corn, carrots, beans, green peas and lastly paneer using different mix and match of spices for each feeling. Among all this paneer pockets are his most favorite. I shall share with you each recipe gradually.

Today I thought of making something more healthy, and I had matki usli left with me so much mind gave a yes to prepare their pockets. So I named them as matki cheese pockets whose recipe I thought of posting here. 


You can replace the feeling with any kind of your choice and as per the availability of the ingredients at your hand. 

So let's start.

Ingredients and method:

In a bowl add wheat flour and maida in  1:1 ratio. I sometimes add 2 tsp of ragi flour here. Add water and knead into dough. Keep aside dough for 30 minutes. 

I have used sprouted mothbeans. For that you need to soak 1 cup mothbean in water for 5 hrs. Drain on a sieve and keep overnight. Next morning you will get wonderful sprouted mothbeans.

Now let's prepare it's dry usli. The recipe of usli is already shared earlier in my blog. However here I have made less spicy usli as this recipe is for children. 

In 2-3 tsp oil add 1 chopped onion, saute well. Add 1 chopped tomato. Saute well. Add 1 tsp of haldi powder and garam masala. Add sprouted mothbeans. Then add a fistful of water for mothbeans to cook. Add 2 tsp jaggery and salt and at last coriander leaves chopped a few. You are done. Keep aside required usli needed for pockets in a bowl.


Now take the kneaded dough. Make required balls. Roll out into chapati. Cut the sides. Then divide it into 2 long parts. Put above matki dry usli at one side, place half of a cheese slice on top and close. Cut the sides and you are done with the pockets. Follow the pictures below.









Now heat oil and deep fry the pockets till golden brown and serve with tomato sauce.



Next time I shall share with you my son's most favorite paneer pockets, till then enjoy the visuals and do try out!!

Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.

Comments

Popular Posts