Peanut coconut hotel style chutney

Peanut Coconut hotel style chutney:


In this posts I shall give you the recipe of a coconut chutney prepared with peanuts. It's delicious chutney usually served in hotels/restaurants mostly in South Indian restaurants/Udpi restaurants with snacks like batatawadas, samosas, medhuwadas, dosas, mysore bhajis etc. 

It's a little watery chutney in hotels but I prefer to keep my chutney semi-dry and thick. I prepared such chutney first time for my udid bhonda breakfast item. However you could prepare it for any of your snack item.

Here is it's recipe.

Dry roast 10 peanuts. Then put a tsp of oil and slightly roast 1 tsp of udid dal, 2 green chillies. Put all this in mixer jar with 1 cup scraped coconut, 1 tsp sugar, half tsp salt, small piece of tamarind, 2 outer petals of a onion and a fistful of water and grind for just 2 rounds in chutney container to get the perfect consistency of chutney.

Remove your chutney in bowl. Temper it with 1 tsp of mustard seeds, 2 red chillies and 4-5 curry leaves in 1 tsp of oil. 

Mix well and you are done with your peanut coconut hotel style chutney.


You may keep your chutney semi dry and thick like above or you can add mixer container washed water in it and make it slightly liquidy or watery, choice is yours.

Watery chutney goes well with batatawadas, samosas, idli. However for dosas, medhuwadas, upma, a slight thicker version of chutney seems to be perfect.

Enjoy your snack or breakfast item with this delicious chutney!!


Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.


Comments

Popular Posts