Dora cake

Dora cake/ Dorayaki pancake:




Dorayaki is a type of Japanese confection. It consists of two small pancakes made from flour like 2 sponges with a filling of sweet red bean paste in between. In Japanese language Dora means gong. Gong is a musical instrument. And yaki means baked. Since the gong and this cake are having similar shape, hence it's name came up as doracake. 


Gong is a South east Asian musical percussion instrument which looks like a flat circular disc which is hit by a mallet. In the legend it's also mentioned that once a farmer baked cakes on such gong which took the gong circular shape. 

My son's favorite cartoon serial 'Doraemon' has made me do this fantastic research on his favourite sweet - Dora cake/Dorayaki and this was on demand by my son since long. I had to first learn the recipe, but if I need to write on the blog I felt the need for a specific research on this new recipe to pen down. I am happy that I gained a new knowledge on this japanese recipe and tried my best to make it for my son. 

Doracake looks very tempting for kids and I am sure most of the kids whose favourite cartoon character is doraemon would love if their mummy prepares for them this doracake whose their Doraemon's favourite eatable in the cartoon serial. 

After I prepared this doracake for my son, he was so happy that he literally showed me the doracake what his doraemon eats in the cartoon serial.  

Doracake recipe is very simple with very few ingredients but it is a slow making process on low flame. A slight increase in flame will turn your cake brown and you need to be very careful while preparing it. I have showed you below my 2 doracakes, one slightly dark and one of perfect color. Still I have not become so expert in the tactics but will gradually trying out, my hands will fit on the same. I thought of including the recipe on my blog today as some mother's might be interested to try out and also my recipe will be in one place.

Another important information I would like to include here is in Japan, they use a red bean sweet paste in between the 2 sponge cakes. But in India it's not available, so you can try with any kind of chocolate sauce which any kid loves. I have used here Nutella almond chocolatey spread. You can use any brand chocolate spread or a homemade chocolate sauce would be appropriate and appealing for your child.


 So let's go quickly.

Ingredients and method: 

You can prepare doracake eggless or with egg. I have prepared the eggless version.

Take 1 cup maida, 3/4th cup powdered sugar, half cup milk powder, 1 tsp baking soda. Mix everything well. Add 3/4 th cup milk little by little and make batter. Add 2-3 drops of vanilla essence. Mix well and keep aside for 15 mins. 


Heat a non stick pan. Grease it with 1 tsp oil and rub with a tissue. 

Now while making Dora cake, use the same laddle for making all cakes and take similar amount of batter on your laddle for all cakes to get equal size of cakes. 

Keep your flame very low. 

Take a laddleful of batter and pour. Do not spread.


Cover for half a minute. 


Once you see bubbles on its surface and little puff , flip over. 



Again cover and cook for half minute on other side.

Remove. 



Don't flip again or else the full texture of your cake changes. I somehow managed to do my one cake with perfect color. The other cake turned slight brown. So be careful on the flame and time to cook.

My second cake turned slightly dark due to slight high flame of my pan.


It's a slow process.

Now spread chocolate sauce or spread on inner part of both cakes and close. Press and then cut. Look at the beautiful chocolate layer peeping in between the 2 sponge cakes.





It's just awesome and enough to make your kidu happy!!

So why wait? All mother do try out!! All kids would love them and isn't it very easy to prepare? 


To make your cakes more healthy you can replace maida with wheat flour but the taste changes, I have tried it before. My son loves them this way.!! 

Enjoy cooking and making your kid happy with their Doraemon's cake.😀


Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.








Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog post. Your comments hold lot of value to my blog.
If you have any other queries, feel free to ask and they shall be
answered as earliest as possible.

Popular Posts