Veg kurma without garlic

Vegetable kurma without garlic:







Vegetable kurma or a mix vegetable can be made in several ways. However in all recipes there is a use of ginger and garlic. Two of the methods I have already shared earlier on my blog. In both methods there is lot of hard work like roasting the raw ingredients, then grinding them and again roasting of the grinded paste. 

Today I had no wish to do so much of steps in my recipe and I skipped all the roasting of raw ingredients and also sauting of paste. I wanted to prepare a quick and easy recipe with very less steps. Few cauliflower florets and carrots were lying in my refrigerator with some frozen green peas so I thought to make a gravy vegetable so that it can be relished with bread. 


Am taking you to the recipe quickly. In this recipe I have skipped roasting of coconut too but have taken freshly grated coconut and grinded with few spices directly without roasting any of them.

I have also skipped addition of garlic and ginger in this recipe so that those who hate garlic can also enjoy this veg kurma.


Ingredients and method:

1 Onion, 1/2 tomato, 1 potato,  few cauliflower florets,  half cup green peas and 1 carrot. Chop them roughly.

Step 1:

Heat a kadai, add 3-4 tsp of oil, 1 tsp jeera, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon, 1 bay leaf, add chopped onions, then saute well. Add chopped tomatoes. Saute them. Add spices 1 tsp each of haldi powder, red chilli powder, jeera powder, coriander powder, garam masala or any mutton masala, pepper powder. Saute well. Then add chopped veggies ( carrot, potato, cauliflower). Stir for a while. Add water and keep to cook. Add green peas on top. 

Step 2:

Meanwhile grind 1 bowl fresh scraped coconut with 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 5-6 peppercorns, 2 red chillies, 1 tsp garam masala or mutton masala, 1 bay leaf, small tamarind ball, star anise petals 2 with water to form a paste.

Step 3:

Once vegetables are cooked, add this paste, water to adjust consistency of your gravy, add salt as required, 1 tsp sugar to balance the flavour of your kurma and lastly handful of chopped coriander leaves. Give a boil. Add a tsp of pure ghee on top and stir. Off the flame. You are done. 

Let your kurma rest for 10 minutes for flavours of all veggies and spices get well amalgamated.



Relish with bread/chapathi.



Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.











Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog post. Your comments hold lot of value to my blog.
If you have any other queries, feel free to ask and they shall be
answered as earliest as possible.

Popular Posts