Spicy fried chicken wings

Spicy fried chicken wings:


 


I always heard about chicken wings and preparation of lollipops out of those wings. I always love to try new chicken dishes at home as well as relish them at the restaurants.  I have tried to make tandoor chicken, chicken tikka, chicken manchurian in my kitchen but never done lollipops and fried wings. Today my hubby bought chicken wings for the first time at home instead of drumsticks and so I had to go try my hands on them at home.

I wasn't aware of how the raw chicken wings actually look. Seeing for the first time I was deliberately confused on how to go about it. All the skin attached chicken wings were looking very horrible to my eyes. Then looking at some videos on you tube I managed to clean them, de-skin them and cut them into 2 halves discarding the pointed last part. You can keep the skin if you wish to, but I tried to de-skin it.

Then the part was how to go about. There are many korean videos on you tube (which I shall try later) on chicken wings preparation. But I felt I should go about trying with some Indian spices today.


So let's go to the recipe.

Ingredients and method:

Once you get the entire chicken wing, the step is to clean them. Wash them in water 2-3 times and try to scrub ur nails on the skin to remove if any feather is stuck to it. U can use ur hand or a mild scrubber. Because it's difficult for your gut to break off those feather parts and then it leads to indigestion. Inorder to avoid this, I de-skinned them. If you wish to prepare lollipops then skin should be kept. There are many videos on you tube showing you the procedure how to clean the skin and make lollipops. I didn't have time to click on my pics on this , will do next time.

So after cleaning, you need to cut the wing. There are 3 parts of wing. Big, medium and small pointed. Give cuts at their joints to seperate them and discard the small last pointed part.

Now the remaining 2 parts, wash them again, drain and now marinate with the spices and masalas as mentioned below.

For approx 10 chicken wings:

2 tbsp curd(thick one or yogurt)

2 tbsp chicken tikka masala or tandoori masala or kabab masala 

1 tsp ginger garlic paste

1 tsp jeera powder 

1 tsp coriander powder 

2 tsp red chilli powder 

2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder

1 tsp turmeric powder

2 tsp pepper powder 

1 lemon juice 

Salt as required 

2 tsp maida ( refined flour) for binding 

1 tsp corn flour for crispiness ( you can skip if not available)

1 tsp kasoorimethi (you can skip if not available)

Mix well and marinate the wings in this masala and keep aside for 2 hrs or minimum 30 mins.


Heat oil in kadai and deep fry your wings turning off in between till done.




Serve by sprinkling some sesame seeds and coriander leaves/spring onions.





Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period.










Comments

Popular Posts