Coriander chicken

Coriander chicken: 

Happy New Year 2023!!






Trying something new is always on my mind when we plan to have dinner at restaurants. From long time coriander chicken was always popping up as I have heard this name among many who say it's a delicious dish. And yes, it is. I tried 2 versions of coriander chicken in 2 different restaurants and I loved both. Dry version and with gravy. 


So today I tried to make the gravy version of coriander chicken in my own way in my kitchen. To my surprise, it turned out too good. I made it slightly rich and creamy by adding some nuts. And additional flavour was incorporated by few mint leaves. 


You can go through my recipe and try out. Hope you like it.

Ingredients and method:

Chicken-1 kg.

Wash chicken 2 times thoroughly.

1)Marination paste:

Grind- 1 cup of coriander leaves, few pudina leaves, half inch ginger, 6-8 garlic bulbs,1 lemon juice, 7-8 green chillies , 2 tbsp of coriander seeds, 1 tsp of pepper seeds, 1cup of curd. 

Marinate chicken with above paste and keep in refrigerator overnight or atleast for 2 hrs aside.

2)Preparation of green paste:

Long slit 2 fat onions. In a pan add oil, add this onions. Saute till light brown. Also saute 7-8 cashewnuts and 7-8 badam till light brown. Cool. 

Grind-1 cup of coriander leaves lots, 1 cup of pudina leaves, green chillies 12,  half inch ginger, 10 garlic bulbs, 2 cups of curd with little water, (cashew-badam-2onions roasted in oil till light brown), 1 tikki(cinnamon), 4 lavang, 1 bay leaf, 1 masala elaichi- grind everything to paste.

3)Preparation of final chicken:

Heat a vessel. Add 2-3 tbsp of Oil, 1 tsp jeera, 1 bay leaf, 1 masala elaichi, 1 cinnamon, 4 cloves, 2 big onions finely chopped. Saute till light brown. Add marinated chicken. Let it cook. Add little water.  Close the lid and let chicken cook for 10 minutes.

Now add 2 tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp pepper powder. Then add green paste from mixer, salt. Cook well. 

Add mutton masala/chicken masala, 2 tbsp of butter on top. Stir and cook and done. Off the flame.

Put chopped coriander leaves on top and stir well. Add more 1 tsp of butter for additional flavour. 


Serve with Rotis/chapaties/rice/bread etc


Note:

1) The spicyness in this chicken is from the green chillies. You can make it more spicy if you wish to by adding more of green chillies.

2) It's like a green chicken version, you can skip addition of pudina leaves. I added them as I love their flavour. 

3) The dry version of coriander chicken involved roasting of marinated chicken in oil till it's half cooked and then cooking with remaining gravy. I have not included this step in my recipe. You may follow this step if you wish to.

4) I have prepared my green paste twice, for marination and for gravy. You may prepare more green paste at once and use for both steps.

5) At last mutton masala or chicken masala is added to give an additional flavour. You may skip it if you do not prefer.

6) Addition of nuts gives my dish a creamy texture which tastes awesome. You may skip the nuts if you do not prefer. But coriander leaves is the main hero of dish, never skip it. Always use fresh green coriander leaves. A full bunch which you get in market  is required for this recipe.

Enjoy your new year with this lip smacking recipe!! 



Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period









Comments

Popular Posts