Cabbage Manchurian

Cabbage Manchurian:


I always had the craze to relish cabbage Manchurian which you get on street carts during a fair/feast etc during my college days which stopped after marriage due to the realisation of unhygienic condition and somehow my husband never allows me to eat it as he has heard about someone who got infected seriously after eating this street cabbage Manchurian. From that day myself also stopped eating it.

Since it was been ages I relished my favourite street style cabbage Manchurian my mind thought of trying the dish at home in my own way. It didn't turn out like the street style but it turned out yummy, mouth watering and most important it was hygienic. So I am sharing here my recipe with you all!!


Ingredients and method:

Cabbage-chopped finely

Marination:

Marinate cabbage with 1 tsp each of ginger garlic paste, pepper powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, and mix well 

Add 1 bowl of maida(refined flour) as sufficient for your cabbage, 2 tbsp of corn flour and a pinch of red or orange food color for a red color(it's optional).

Mix well and keep aside for 10-15 mins. Do not add any water as cabbage leaves it's water after sometime.


After 15 mins, you will see cabbage has left water, so mix everything well. Make balls and deep fry in oil.



Now chop vegetables :

1 onion, 1 capsicum, 5-6 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger grate it, 2 green chillies long slitted, spring onions or coriander leaves for garnish if available.

Sauces:

2 tsp each of red chilli sauce, green chilli sauce, tomato sauce and soya sauce. 1 tap pepper powder and salt 

Final preparation:

Heat oil in pan, add ginger, garlic chopped, then onions. Saute well. Add capsicum, green chillies. Saute. Add all sauces, pepper powder, salt.

Add 1 tsp of corn flour in a small bowl and add little water and add this paste to above. Let it cook till thick and add the fried Manchurian balls. Mix well.

Garnish with spring onions or coriander leaves. You are done 

Serve hot with fried rice or plain rice as it's a dry version. 


Note: You can prepare gravy version by adding water and cornflour paste before adding balls. Let the gravy thicken slightly and add balls and make a gravy version to relish with roti/parata. 


Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period


Comments

Popular Posts