Batatwade-without onion

Batatwade-without onion( Goan batatwadas):



Hello everyone,
One of the most demanding and lip smacking highly consumable snack in India is Batatwada. The main ingredient of these batatwadas is the potato bhaji and the besan batter. Potato bhaji is prepared in various ways across various states of India. Taste of batatwada basically differs on the kind of potato bhaji you prepare. Here on this post, I share shall with you a no onion batatwadas. Potato bhaji prepared here does not contain onion, nor garlic. So can be quickly made.

Before going to final snack, let me tell you that the recipe of the potato bhaji which I have prepared for my batatwadas is already shared on my blog before. Below is the link given. So I shall not mention again the procedure for potato bhaji here in this post.

Potato bhaji without onion

So directly I shall give you the ingredients and preparation of final wadas. I did not use onion in my potato bhaji so I have named my wadas as batatawade without onion. Such wadas are available mostly in Goan hotels which my family prefer more to relish including me.

Ingredients:
Potato bhaji as required ( mentioned in above link)
Besan-2 cups
Haldi powder-1 tsp
Red chilli powder-1 tsp
Salt-1 tsp
Jeera-1 tsp
Coriander seeds-1 tsp
Baking soda-1 tsp
Water as required to make besan batter
Oil as required for deep frying the wadas.

Method:
Keep potato bhaji ready.


Make jeera coriander powder coarsely in motarpestle.
Make besan batter by adding all above ingredients.

Make balls of potato bhaji with your palm and fingers.



Deep each ball in besan batter and deep fry in hot oil. I kept my besan batter slightly thinner so that the outer covering of my wadas become thin. I don't like a very thick outer covering, then only fried batter comes into your mouth more then the potato bhaji at every bite. You can add less water and make a thick batter for a thick outer covering of your wadas.








Serve as a snack in evening with chutney or sambhar as you prefer.


Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment on how did u feel my post, by clicking on the 'enter your comment' section.

If you have any queries on my post,  please feel free to ask and I shall respond to you in 24 hours period


Comments

Popular Posts